Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM FOR A LITTLE WHILE NOW, & IT IS JUST AMAZING HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR 67 GT500, AND OTHER SHELBYS FOR A RIDICULOUS LOW PRICE. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS REALLY GOING TO SELL ANY SHELBY FOR 2000?, OR $3000, OR EVEN $10,000 FOR THAT MATTER. FATHER & SON PROJECT OR NOT, NOBODY CAN BE THAT MUCH OF AN IDIOT. ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO WATCH GONE IN 60 SECONDS NEED TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH, RELAX, & DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE THEY START ASKING PEOPLE TO GIVE THEIR SHELBYS AWAY. WHEN I WAS 15-16 YEARS OLD, I WAS THRILLED TO OWN A MUSTANG. IT WAS A 68 FASTBACK, REAL ROUGH! I EVEN GOT TO SIT INSIDE IT AND STEER, WHILE MY DAD TOWED IT WITH THE PICKUP TRUCK. THAT IS UNTIL THE BEES STARTED FLYING FROM THE NEST IN GLOVEBOX, OUCH! WORD OF ADVICE - START WITH ANY MUSTANG YOU CAN FIND REASONABLE. IT WILL STILL BE A GREAT FATHER SON PROJECT, AND WORK YOUR WAY UP FROM THERE!

G

·
0 Posts
I agree, I wanted a 67 fb, found a 66 coupe that ran with some rust for 750.00 and ran with it. Still want the fb and a conv., but I love my coupe.

every man must have a toy
98 Dodge Ram (mobile tool box)
97 Grand Cherokee (family hauler)
66 Coupe 289/c-4 (The Other Woman)

·
Registered
4,638 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's just like people who see 101 Dalmations and go out and buy a dalmation for their kid. Then they realize that it takes a lot to take care of the dog. They didn't do their homework.

What's funny is that a friend of mine saw the recent Gone in 60 Seconds and told me "You should get a GT500." Too bad a real GT500 doesn't look like the car in the film.

--------
Evan
67-5.0L
http://eyrules.com/mustang.html

G

·
0 Posts
I also agree. I was looking at classifieds on a late model mustang site last week, people were posting there looking for GT500's for about $2000. Hopefully these people will go somewhere else after that new rice boy flick comes out in a few months. BTW, I saw a preview of that movie and they showed some sort of Honda racing a '68 Charger with a huge blower sticking out of the hood. And guess who was winning (until they rolled the charger and blew it up)? The honda....I don't think so.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Saw that, $50,000 is a little out of most price ranges.

Someone please buy my Ski Doo!
68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts