Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And what do you want?

Take a look at our list of products ( http://www.streetortrack.com/products.asp ), pick one and let me know what you'd like to see as a discounted product for next month.

We'll analyze the results and work out a deal on the most popular request.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
AFR heads, baby! That's what I'll be running in my sportsroof, and while I'm not really ready for them yet, if I was able to get a better deal, I'd certainly buy them early.

2nd choice would be the SPAL fan ... a good enough deal on that, and I'd toss my ProForm fan for it.

3rd choice would be the adjustable strut rods. I plan on a set for my '66 and '69, but can't see getting around to them for quite a while ... the only reason they've dropped to 3rd choice.

·
Registered
506 Posts
My new Vintage Air system will probably need the fan too!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I'd have to vote for the SPAL fan, or since I missed out on the Griffen, I have to say do them also... ::

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
OK, I'm revealing my moronicity here, but are the fans on your site replacements for the stock fan? I ask because I ran into a guy at the Pony Trails event in Washington who was driving a '68 coupe that had both his stock fan, and also a "pusher" fan that was mounted on the outside of his radiator. The pusher fan was wired into his radiator to come on at 180 degrees or so, and he also had a manual switch to turn it on mounted under his dash. We did a bunch of idling in 95 degree heat and my car wasn't happy! The guy with the '68 said that when he idled around in that heat, he just flipped the pusher fan on and he literally watched the tmeperature guage drop--ran cool and no problems. So I want one of those...

·
Vendor
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spal do make pusher fans that we can supply. You can run them with your stock fan still in place.

However, if you are running a stock fan, shroud and your radiator and cooling system are in good working order and you STILL have cooling issues, something in the system isn't working right. I would fix that first... The electric fans are a REPLACEMENT for the stock fan, they pull about the same amount of air and won't fix a current cooling issue. The reason people like them is 1, they don't take any power away from your engine to run unlike the stock fan that is robbing HP all the time your motor is running and 2, they only come on when you need it, i.e. in traffic.

What kind of radiator are you running?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
15 inch Vintage 50 Shelby 10 spoke style rims is my vote. I've been looking for a good price on these for months.

Thanks for your time,
John Thomas

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
It's not as much the size (diameter) of the blades, it's the depth of it... can't be much more than about 2.5" .... so the largest you can get that's around that depth. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts