Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Who wants a group buy next month?

2K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  A_65_Myself 
#1 ·
And what do you want?

Take a look at our list of products ( http://www.streetortrack.com/products.asp ), pick one and let me know what you'd like to see as a discounted product for next month.

We'll analyze the results and work out a deal on the most popular request.

#5 ·
#6 ·
AFR heads, baby! That's what I'll be running in my sportsroof, and while I'm not really ready for them yet, if I was able to get a better deal, I'd certainly buy them early.

2nd choice would be the SPAL fan ... a good enough deal on that, and I'd toss my ProForm fan for it.

3rd choice would be the adjustable strut rods. I plan on a set for my '66 and '69, but can't see getting around to them for quite a while ... the only reason they've dropped to 3rd choice.

#8 ·
My new Vintage Air system will probably need the fan too!

#16 ·
OK, I'm revealing my moronicity here, but are the fans on your site replacements for the stock fan? I ask because I ran into a guy at the Pony Trails event in Washington who was driving a '68 coupe that had both his stock fan, and also a "pusher" fan that was mounted on the outside of his radiator. The pusher fan was wired into his radiator to come on at 180 degrees or so, and he also had a manual switch to turn it on mounted under his dash. We did a bunch of idling in 95 degree heat and my car wasn't happy! The guy with the '68 said that when he idled around in that heat, he just flipped the pusher fan on and he literally watched the tmeperature guage drop--ran cool and no problems. So I want one of those...

#17 ·
Spal do make pusher fans that we can supply. You can run them with your stock fan still in place.

However, if you are running a stock fan, shroud and your radiator and cooling system are in good working order and you STILL have cooling issues, something in the system isn't working right. I would fix that first... The electric fans are a REPLACEMENT for the stock fan, they pull about the same amount of air and won't fix a current cooling issue. The reason people like them is 1, they don't take any power away from your engine to run unlike the stock fan that is robbing HP all the time your motor is running and 2, they only come on when you need it, i.e. in traffic.

What kind of radiator are you running?

#19 ·
15 inch Vintage 50 Shelby 10 spoke style rims is my vote. I've been looking for a good price on these for months.

Thanks for your time,
John Thomas

#20 ·
It's not as much the size (diameter) of the blades, it's the depth of it... can't be much more than about 2.5" .... so the largest you can get that's around that depth. :)

#22 ·
Ah, I see.

The dual 11" fan has a center piece that is only 2.6" deep. These units are 24" wide though so if this is for your 66 and you have your stock width radiator in the car, it won't fit.

They do make a medium profile 16" fan that is 2.48" deep but this only pulls 1610cfm which I doubt is enough for your car.

The other option is to get the regular high performance 16" puller and mount it off center. You don't have to mount these fans in the center of the radiator... They don't care where they are mounted so long as they are on your radiator! ::

#26 ·
My car has a 428 and manual tranny. I had the radiator completely rebuilt w/"dimpled(?)" tubes--the only issue with that is the radiator isn't original to the car; it is a big block radiator, but for an auto tranny. I also run 25% antifreeze for lubriation purposes and #2 bottles of Maximum Water Wetter. I put in a new (and tested) 180 degree t-stat w/ the 1/8" hole drilled in the top. Timing doesn't seem too far advanced--doesn't ping at all on pump gas.

The car ran fabulously for a 1000-mile round trip up to Washington for Pony Trails, including *most* of the idling that I did, with the temperature showing 1/4-1/3 on the guage for the majority; when it heated up, it only went 1/2-2/3 (I have a laser temperature guage, so I've tested the dash guage and it reads true).

My only problem was in Leavenworth, with an ambient temperature of around 95 degrees. We had to idle for a good 30+ minutes while parking, creeping along in line behind other cars and my car is black, which doesn't help! I shut it down when we hit 3/4+ on the temperature guage toward "H" and pushed the car the rest of the way! I wouldn't really call that a "cooling issue," but I want to be able to avoid this next year! I have a Griffin radiator already on the way (I hope!), but I don't think just replacing my newly rebuilt radiator w/the Griffin will prevent this specific overheating problem. Which is why I thought a pusher fan would be the ticket--?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.