916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on guys its a great deal!!!! haha
ebay # 2489283793

Or how about a hertz for less than 5grand 2489275501

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
click buy it now, and see what happens. I'm guessing it's a nigerian businessman!!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i had posted something about this car without seeing your post first. i dont get it how can you tell its a scam? just cuz its rediculously low?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i dont know what the last post means? :: the seller seemed normal. he had 22 feedbacks, all but i think 2 were good. how is that possible if its a scam?! i am gulible, but nothing besides the price seemed abnormal, also didnt have description, that was wierd. it says from new jersey, how can you guys tell?
thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
wanta67coupe: The simple truth is if it sounds too good to be true on eBay, it always is.

It's really easy to spot these scams, though - here's what to look for:
- Pre-approved bidders only
- 1 or 3-day auctions
- Ridiculous low buy it now prices
- ... or them listing the price in the auction description ($8000! $8000!) instead of having a real Buy It Now
- A perfect-looking car, with pictures stolen from other sites
- Them asking you to email them directly, instead of using eBays messaging system (that's a HUGE give-away)

Also - if you do end up emailing them, they will ALWAYS say that the car is another country, even though their user account say that they're in the US.

However, in cases like this, you can't look at the feedback of the guy who's supposed to be selling this car - his account has most likely been highjacked and is being used by somebody else.

Also, when an auction becomes invalid, it just means that enough people have complained to eBay and they have cancelled the specific auction. Seems to be happening faster these days which is a good thing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
No....but I am REALLY interested in this one # 2489320256.

I think I could just about part it out and make some money....who do these guys think they are kidding?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts