Vintage Mustang Forums banner

whole body painting

812 27
66 Mustang: Having a hard time finding a paint shop in the southern NH area. No one wants to paint whole cars, just collision repairs. Few with 2 to 3 year lead times and crazy prices. Any suggestions?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43,954 Posts
66 Mustang: Having a hard time finding a paint shop in the southern NH area. No one wants to paint whole cars, just collision repairs. Few with 2 to 3 year lead times and crazy prices. Any suggestions?
Give the guys at NE Performance Mustang in Milford a call and ask them who they'd use...

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
1,670 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Mustang coupe
84 Posts
I had to put my body/paint guy off 2 years ago because I had an unforseen $20,000 expense. I recovered financially and now I've been waiting about a year for him to have time. He's worth the wait. So I wait patiently...mostly.

·
Registered
69 Mach 1 , 68 K1500 short box GMC
447 Posts
We’ll you could put an ad in facebook . Looking for a painter looking for side work.
I did and it worked out well for me, mine is a mill rite who does it as a hobby. Turns out his dad who ownEd a body / paint shop ,taught him the trade and then told him to get a better trade ? But my guy knew what the heck he was doing and made me a happy camper . Check his work out .
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
406 Posts
I went with Maco... I didn't need/ want a $10K+ that I would be scared of parking anywhere, or driving. I did most of the body work myself (totally new to it, but managed OK) and they cleaned up the rest. I spoke with the manager and he said they really didn't do classics anymore but he'd take a look at it if I wanted to bring it by. So I loaded it up and took it to him, he was happy with the current state of it and agreed to do it. (didn't hurt we are both Army Vets... ; ))
I went with their top tier primer paint and clear (all PPG) and was happy with the final product. It is great for a driver and cruise night car. all in it was around $5,500

1 - 20 of 28 Posts