Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWMBO's '65 convertible won it's first award tonight, being selected to receive one of the Top Pick Cruise Car Awards at the Thursday night cruise put on by Heberts Candy Mansion in Shrewsbury, MA. 4 cars were picked out of well over 200 in attendance and hers was one! She gets a plaque with photo and a picture of her car will go on display at the Candy Mansion. She also becomes eligible to compete for the Best of the Best award given on the last cruise night of the season.

The bad news is that my car was also there and was not selected, so she can claim to have beaten me. The good news is that she's too nice to do that! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif But she could. So I need to keep going and hope my car gets picked one of these nights!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Tell her congrats!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I handled both restorations so SWMBO has made it clear that she considers it as much my win as hers. (Told you she's nice *LOL*). Actually, I'm very pleased for her. Owning this Mustang was a big dream of hers, one she really didn't expect to realize. Then, she was nervous about the restoration. So the award helps make it all that much more worthwhile.

Thanks for the nice words!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts