Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's good to be back on line and in air conditioning :: Its been a little nuts here...Nick is camping up north since wednesday. I had the dentist appointment from hell (2 1/2 hr in the CHAIR)..Then thursday the power goes out....Friday finally get the power back around 5pm... and then I lose our phone line. Thank goodness for cell phones. The only good thing is that Nick will be home tomorrow :D and my jaw is starting to feel better. Oh and the Woodward Dream cruise is this weekend.. I'm not to sure what is going on there but there sure is some long lines at the gas pumps...that is if you can find one that has gas :eek: Dawn

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I really do feel for all the parts of the U.S. and Canada that were without power. I must say, though, that I wonder if anyone else in California thinks it's odd that when California had power problems Pres. Bush said "that's THEIR problem". But now that it's closer to home, Bush wants an investigation.

Glad to have you back.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeh... I just got home from work. It has been a long 28 hours. I can not remember the last time we had 6 or 7 home oxygen trucks working at midnight. I guess the good news is that our emergency distribution plan worked well as no one had to be admitted to a hospital. It certainly worked better then when the power is down due to a winter storm. However, those outages are usually to a smaller group of our clientelle. I was able to see significant cooperation between the various service groups. We got calls from public agencies which has never occurred when previous significant events have happened. I believe we are much better prepared.

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's good to hear. I was in Mason just a week ago, visiting my wife's brother and family. He is a dentist. Ashamed to admit it, but we drove out to see the crop circle. My wife's family lives in St. Clair County and their power came on a 6:30 this morning.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Glad to hear power is back. It could have been worse, you could have been in the Dentist's chair when the power went!
Then in the dark, hear your dentist say "Is it safe?"

Don't you hate people who say "It could be worse"?

Hope things get back to normal,

Dean T

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That crop circle has brought a lot of people to howell. I have driven by it a few times but have never stopped :: It's pretty close to where we live. I hope the power is on for everyone pretty soon. Take care, Dawn

G

·
0 Posts
Power has finally been restored to the belleville area at 2:30 this afternoon. Hopefully I was among the last people to get hooked back up, because that was a boring 46 hours. No access to the internet for that long was the worst. ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts