Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
info
August 29-Sept 1. Charlotte Lowe's Motor Speedway.

Art, myself, and CT will be at the Hilton. Anyone else going?

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I'll be there with six of my friends from our club here in Tucson. We'll be staying at Hawthorne Suites and arriving on Thursday.

If you're interested in what's been happening with MCA, come to the Board of Directors meeting on Friday evening, 7-9 pm, at the host hotel. The meeting is open to all MCA members. A good time is guaranteed for all. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
607 Posts
We will be there, just got finished checking the brakes, cleaning and repacking the bearings on the car trailer. Also getting a few items in check on the car, only taking a break to check out the forum. I wonder if I will get points taken away again for having Steve Saleen's autograph on my dash. HEHE. Hey Mark, are you going to make a lap around the track, maybe laurie will put down some record breaking laps in "Trouble" Daryl

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I'm hoping for a ride around the track in Art's Cougar! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Trouble won't be there, but Murphy will be in the trailered concours section. We'll also have Chuck's GTCS, Dave's 1966 Shelby, and Sammy's 1965 convertible there--same cars as at Kansas City last year.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hopefully I will be able to make it, and if I'm lucky the stang' will be driveable. Is there a work-in-progress class there?

Max Kern

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll be there,but dont know were I'll be staying.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I think you have to be a "registered" passenger (wrist band) to ride... I think passengers must attend the drivers meeting.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i'm planning on going....... have no idea where i'm staying though..... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif........ hey we should set up a time a place for everyone to meet..... any takers?

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I'm game--possible suggestions:

MCA table, Saturday morning (judging starts at noon)

My car, like we did at Pensacola?

Other suggestions?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just got this hotel info from the show chairman tonight. Almost all of the rooms at the Speedway Blvd. hotels are sold out. Here is a listing for the overflow hotels:

Fairfield at Exit 58 - $55.95
Sleep Inn at Exit 60 - $58.00
Hamton at Exit 60 - $79.00 and will shuttle to buses at Speedway Hotels
Marriott at Exit 45 - $59.00

All are within 20 minutes or so from the track. There is an IHOP & Ryan's steak house across the street from the Fairfield and a Cracker Barrel at Exit 60 (I-85).

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Hey Rich, how many cars do you have registered so far?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi, Laurie! I don't know but will try to find out for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Laurie, as of three days ago, there were 262 entries for the judged classes. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Wow, and you still have three weeks to go for entries! Should be a good show, I'm looking forward to it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts