Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running Edelbrock 409 wheels? If so, what size wheels, and what size tires?

How do you like the wheels?

I'm thinking of putting a set of 15x7s on my '67, but want to make sure they fit with 215/65s (front) and 235/60s (rear)

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I don't think anyone on here has given them a shot yet (one exception maybe the guy that's putting the Eleanors together --- but his reception may keep him from returning). The reason they have not been scooped up may just be the very limited selection of sizes/backspacings ... the 4.25" BS they only offer is not right based on "da chart".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, they only offer *one* backspacing in the 15x7s I'm interested in, and that's a 4" backspace. I can't figure out if that will work.

I don't want to be the guniea pig!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Steve, I am the person building the Eleanor Replicas that had the forum in an uproar last week. No hard feelings what so ever with anyone. I just love ALL the feed back our work recieves.

I am using Edelbrock 454's on my 1967-68's. They are 16X8's with standard backspacing and lug pattern. We didn't order anything special and I have been very happy with the wheels.

As for tires I used Falken tires with the correct looking tred. They are 245/45/ZR16

Wheels retail for about $370 each
Tires are about $160 each

But it you have a good Tire shop you can work out a better price on the set up.

I have a couple pictures on my web page under finished eleanor that show the wheels/tires and the fit.

http://eleanormustangs.com

We have not lowered the car any and they still look very good.

Please email me if you have any questions that I can help you with.
Scott Pearson

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running 16x8 454s on my 65 Fastback. They were a bit close to the front fender, but I had not adjuested any of the TCP suspension. They fit great now.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,710 Posts
Welcome.

As happens regularly around here, old threads are revived. THis one appears to be 15+ years old! Post a pic of your car for all of us to drool over. You will find that we love pictures!!

Reactions: gwstang

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Yea 235s are gonna want 8” wide rims, personally I’d go 8” all the way around and go 225 in front (back too if you want a balanced car in the twisties). Also take a look at 16” rims - its a nice nod to a modern look with enough tire to look vintage. They handle amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts