Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching some CNN hurricane damage footage and there plain as day was what looked like a red Mach 1 sitting in a driveway with debris laying across the rear window. Looked like a nice car that may have only been hurt a little. Looked the the carport that was over it just got lifted off.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I had heard that the car was given to him by his grandmother. (That's just what I heard don't quote me) I do feel bad for the people in FL who this has happened too, but If it was my car and I knew a hurricane was coming I think I would have found a safer place than a car port to park. Maybe this wasn't possibly for this individual, but I would have made every effort.

Jon

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Acutally I thought it was a little weird-here was this sharp looking car, of course the camera was 50 or more feet away so who really knows, but this car was actually more in the driveway than in the carport like they had left it out and there was a little bit of palm leaf or something layed across the rear just so (like just so it wouldn't do any real damage), kind of looked staged. But then I know better than to believe that CNN would do anything like that, Would they?

More like maybe someone trying to get an insurance settlement-which makes no sense either, unless that was some sort of rare Boss 9 or something.

I remember that when Andrew came through S. FLa, there were supposedly lots of people swamping their boats just to get an insurance settlement.

Not trying to cast aspersions, just making an observation.

J. Boggs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts