Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Cool reading, I downloaded a copy for future referance.

·
Banned
925 Posts
Hmmm, and I always thought DOVE stood for 1970 Lincoln Engine.... and I know I've heard that FE stood for Ford-Edsel. That article is definitely a keeper, thanks!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Got to compare those apples with apples, folks. The "FE lighter than 351" claim is based on an FE with aluminum heads and intake vs an all-cast iron 351. Do aluminum heads and intake on the 351 and do the math again.... Got to watch out for those with hidden agendas ! Dove Performance does FE's for a living.

Not that there's anything wrong with the FE - I've built a few and liked them real well.

G

·
Ok... why play with dinosaurs, why small block around, why bring a knife to a gun fight. Although a 385 series engine is heavy, what can you say to 557 dependable inches and an easy 750 streetable horsepower. Unless you want to go straight & then turn, THEN, my little 2.3 SVO ain't bad. Light & I've seen them make 400 RWHP too. Everyone has a preferance & I too agree Dove is selling FE's(good stuff) & I'd do anything to sell my stuff too.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Thanks Frank...

Although I've never raced them, I've rebuilt a fair amount of 361 and 391 truck engines over the years and found the FE to be one tough, torquey platform.

One certainly can't argue their dominance for many years in the NHRA B and C stock classes either...

Downloaded and saved...thanks!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
This is kinda like the ignition book by jacobs....good reading, but also one big ad to get you to buy their stuff!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Thank for the info. Starting the machine work on my CJ right now.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Thank for the info. Starting the machine work on my CJ right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts