Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Maybe because he want's $65,000 for it?

I'd say it's still a soft market for high dollar trailer queens like that.

Pretty car though.

-shannon

·
Registered
194 Posts
+1 on the asking price.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The two things that I see, compared to the auction cars that are reaching these and higher numbers is that it has a less desireable C6 and it doesn't have the original engine to the car.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Maybe I have the the wrong idea. When you try get a good price using the auction format seems like you get the bidding going with a low starting/minimum bid. A reserve is used to avoid being required to sell at a low price.

Wonder why this person keeps trying to get an openong bid of $65,000. He/she could have a minimum starting bid of say $10,000 and see where the bidding goes. As it is all he knows is no one is willing to start at $65,000! He has no idea where it would go because he won't allow it to start!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
yeah he should have made the pricing more attractive by starting low and putting a reserve on it. no way that worth $65K in todays mkt.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Its purty, but no chin spoiler with no rear slats/louvers...and an automatic? Maybe for my wife but real cars have clutches. (No offense to those that are afraid to be involved with the driving experience :) )

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is just a form of national advertisement. Anyone who had $65,000 to throw around would go to Arizona and check the car out and buy it then.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Its purty, but no chin spoiler with no rear slats/louvers...and an automatic? Maybe for my wife but real cars have clutches. (No offense to those that are afraid to be involved with the driving experience :) )
I like you love the Manual tranny , how ever if it's for the end results , the Auto will win out it is what the real drag racers use. They quit using the Manual yrs ago when they found out how fast a auto would shift when properly set up , Lets see , funny cars , dragsters , prostock , need I say more.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts

No offense. In my case being partly disabled with arthritis, right leg 50% functional and left leg 20% the automatic allows me to enjoy my 68 vert. Don't assume the guy sitting on his rear is just lazy!

By the way check my sig pic...my 64 1/2 vert was a 4 speed with manual top (I enjoyed lowering it manually like on a sports car). Yes I enjoyed being involved with the driving experience! Hey I lived in Indy as a teen!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It could be flat out advertising. Someone interested would email the seller and say.. hey, what's your address. I'll give you $35k outside of eBay. The seller then removes the ad with no eBay fees paid.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Stick shifts wouldn't be cool if EVERYONE had one. However, I hope to join the V8/4spd crowd in the next few years. I will balance it out by putting my I6/C4 in a Falcon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is entirely a personal opinion and completely out of sync (as usual) with the market, but when it comes to road cars I'd have a very hard time paying anything close to that kind of money for anything less than a near-perfect Boss 302, and there's no other non-Shelby Mustang (save the Boss 429, which would be an investment, not a car) that's anything near as desirable as a Boss 302.

·
Registered
35,858 Posts
Its purty, but no chin spoiler with no rear slats/louvers
These were actually very, very rare, despite what you see at car shows.

As stated, he's a fool opening the bidding at $65000. In this economy, despite having a really well-done car, he'd be lucky to get that much as a final price. I'm thinking more like $50k, if he's lucky.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Looks like there's a small dent on the glovebox door, (right side, little bit down).....
That cuts it in half!:pirate:

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
According to the prices I've seen similar CJ cars going for on BJ, his price is high.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Anybody that has $65K to spend didn't get it by doing stupid things (for the most part)...they are going to look at it in person. I agree that it's advertising. He states that it's done to MCA standards, where are the Gold results from judging? It would help his case.

Dave

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
It's funny that when someone asks what they should spend, that some responses are whatever you are willing to spend, or whatever the market is. Well, the guy is looking for that one person willing to spend 65K. Can't blame him and I hope he gets it out of the car. I agree that he is starting the bidding to high. Like most of us, his car is worth way more to him than to other people and we all would want to sell our cars for as much as possible.

It looks to be a nice car. Good luck to the seller.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, -1 for the replacement block. But do you know how hard it is to find an original Raven Black R-code Mach 1??? I still think it's a beautiful car.

Jim

1 - 20 of 52 Posts