Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a negative connotation placed on all "what's it worth" questions. Why? I don't mind reading them or answering them, do you? If so, why? It seems that these are valid questions for people in the Mustang hobby so they don't sell to low or buy too high, so why make them feel bad about asking?? I don't get it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
It's kinda like people beat the system . Now if you put (sorry) in front , then the people that bitch can't comment .. ::

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, OK, but why would they be bitching in the first place?? Why would anyone be upset with somebody else wanting to know how much a Mustang or Mustang part is worth?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I don't mind them, but what I think people don't like about them is with no or a few pics & we can't see the bad or good things. So they can't make a really good price judgement.
And then some people just like to bitch. :)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I've wondered the same thing... I'm usually interested in peoples' opinions about worth. But I think too many folks think they're beating a dead horse (no pun intended) by asking the question.

G

·
0 Posts
I believe the root of the problem (if there is actually one) is that some see it as a deceptive advertising technique. You got a car to sell, what better way to advertise it in the forum than to ask what it's worth?

Personally, the posts don't bother me. If I don't have an opinion I don't answer. Simple enough.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I don't mind those post's, or any other for that matter, except for the one's that only gripe about threads that they don't like.

The only bad thing I see about "What's it worth?" threads is that it's almost impossible to get a good answer. Even the most seasoned Mustang'er can't say what a car is worth without seeing it in person or getting a report on it's condition from a known, reliable source. Also, as you know, prices can vary widely from one area to another.

·
Registered
846 Posts
heheheh Next I'm going to have that dollar tatooed under my belly button! ::

1 - 12 of 12 Posts