Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wathcing Automobiles on the History Channel... sooooooo much mis-information! Do they not realize when they talk about a '69 Mustang & show a '70 we'll notice? How about a '78 King Cobra but show a '79 Mustang? I mainly recorded it for the early commercial ads but WHY does everyone i.e. TV, NAPA, Autozone... not want to change their bad information even when you try to help! I've even had run-ins with supposed "professional" people that are as wrong as can be. When will it end??? You know... the voices in my head told me to stay at home & clean my guns today...

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
thats OK...I went to NAPAonline the other day...did you know 71-73 351 mustangs were windsors? LMMFAO!!!

just dont get me too started here!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That & a lot more. But are we fanatics in a good way? I think so /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I noticed they were talking about cobra jets and they showed a Boss 302. Then they said the Boss 302s were fastest production Mustangs ever made. Huh?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, noticed all 429/460's have a 1 1/2 expansion plug in the cylinder head too LOL. You catch the Boss302 with the Boss9 scoop & big cleaner? I can barely type I'm laughing so hard!!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Since when the guys on TV have to be right? If I had a penny for every time I heard something mis-reported on TV I'd have enough for a '68 Shelby GT 500KR vert driven by the man himself. Now if I had a penny for every time they corrected their mistakes, I might have enought for a $.05 piece of gum. *LOL*

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes, I saw all of the above. Keep in mind these are the same type of critical thinkers that question our political leaders. Many past news reporters did dig into stories for accuracy; Media Owners and CEO's of the networks now prefer hiring clueless people that can be molded or have bias that align with their own.

Bernard Baruch said, "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is only one set of facts."

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Did you notice that Time Magazine has Bruce Springstein on the cover?? Just in time for his concert tour.

A while back Time Magazine had Moses on the cover. It was the same time the Disney Moses cartoon was released. I mean it has been a few thousand years since Moses was newsworthy! Falling walls, looking for a gas station in the desert for 40 years to get directions. plagues parting seas? Nothing lately but he gets a cover! Just when he has a movie???

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more about the tendency for the media to practice "group think". And Mr. Baruch's analysis is far more repeatable than Clint Eastwoods comment on opinions in Heartbreak Ridge. I saw that episode of Automobiles some time back and noted most of those errors. It has kind of spoiled watching the History Channel for me since, if they were so inaccurate about something I'm well versed in, how much crap are they feeding me on subjects I'd like to learn more about? These guys are supposed to be writing about history, not being screen writers of historical novels. BTW, contrary to something written above, weren't the first Shelby GT500's offered in 67? The ones with the center mounted driving lights?

I'm editing this because I took the time to re-read the comment and that's what he WAS saying. Now I get it, that was another inaccracy in the show. Doh!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
That show, and most others that deal in facts, are produced by people who are proficient in producing for television, but don't know squat about the subject matter. Next week the same folks will be putting together a show on the Civil War, and the week after that it will be about Antarctic exploration, and the week after that....

They are supposed to have research people who make sure they've got their facts straight, but the research people are often interns, who make the mistakes that seem to be so common in these shows.

The TV production companies often aren't even aware of the mistakes they're making. They are true "unconcious incompetents'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts