Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t get this and never have. I have a really nice set of Trick Flow heads and would like to get some sweet Trick Flow valve covers to complement the heads but none of their’s are baffled. I don’t get it, am I the only person using a PCV/breather? I currently have some generic Moroso covers on because that’s one of the few I can find that are baffled. Summit has some baffled ones but they’re mostly “Ford Racing” ones and that’s just too generic for my taste, I want something that shows the personality of the engine. So, what gives? Did PCV’s go out with mullets and parachute pants?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recently purchased some tall Ford Motorsport licensed baffled valve covers from Summit to clear my TF rockers on 11-R heads. I think they look fine if "generic". Maybe try ebay for some welded type.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I ordered a set of billet fabricated covers from CVF for the SBC in my Iroc, they are baffled.

I specifically asked them in an email and they said all their covers were baffled. Always an option.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I too have a pair of tall "Ford Racing" valve covers on my heads, and the covers are baffled. I went with the FR ones because the "Cobra Powered by Ford" valve covers were too short, but they were also baffled.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you try the unbaffled covers? Mine are not baffled and I have had no issues with oil...
I have not. I’ve always been told that the PCV will suck oil like crazy if I don’t have it baffled.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I had an issue on my sbc ( I know, not the same) the previous owners had installed a high volume oil pump and after a while the oil would slosh and get sprayed up to the breather and work its way out to coat my valve covers.

That's why I went with baffled covers. No other changes and now i dont have oil dripping off the covers after driving.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had an issue on my sbc ( I know, not the same) the previous owners had installed a high volume oil pump and after a while the oil would slosh and get sprayed up to the breather and work its way out to coat my valve covers.

That's why I went with baffled covers. No other changes and now i dont have oil dripping off the covers after driving.
Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. I thought about getting a nice set of aluminum valve covers and welding my own baffles on but I don’t have a TIG welder. :(

·
Registered
757 Posts
Maybe get an air/oil separator? I got one for $25, works well. My valve covers are not baffled, and I do pull a little oil, but I can just dump that back in. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. I thought about getting a nice set of aluminum valve covers and welding my own baffles on but I don’t have a TIG welder. :(
How about using an epoxy rated for 300+ degrees?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts