Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Easter, right? A great day for a drive after church w/ the family in the Mustang recently sprung from storage, right?

Guess again. I took these today!

I'm moving to Florida . . .

http://www2.dmci.net/users/dbowman/snowymustang.jpghttp://www2.dmci.net/users/dbowman/snowymustang2.jpg

'66 signal flare red coupe with styled steel wheels
289 4bbl. w/ power steering, brakes, and A/C
White interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, and an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids . . .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forget Florida. They can't count there.

Move out here to California! we dont have hurricanes or anything like that, and our weather is better than Florida's. Right now, as I look out my window here at work (hehe) its 83 degrees, 8% humidity and a wonderful day to drive my Mustang! =)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Come to Panama. There are two seasons. Hot and humid and hotter and humid.

Food for thought: Just think, If your weren't where you are you would be somewhere else.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't move to California, yea no hurricanes, but plenty of mud slides, earth quakes and fires. Not to mention a riot once every ten years.

66 Convertible
66 T-5 GT Coupe (export)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I don't really hate Michigan. There is a sense of pride that comes with putting a car away for the winter and knowing that you are preserving it for future enjoyment and future generations (my car was built five years before I was born).

And it is a great feeling getting a car out of storage, changing its fluids, charging the battery, priming the carb., and then finally cleaning out the carbon! But after you've done all that, and the A/C is finally charged and ready to go, and it SNOWS, how can you not make careless statements?!

I guess then we MidWesterners get desperate and sometimes consider Florida or California (and now Panama). But realistically, I guess I'm just fine in the home state of the Mustang after all. Heck, it'll be 70 tomorrow anyway!

http://www2.dmci.net/users/dbowman/mustang1.jpg

Taken during warmer days (but pre-sytled steel wheels).

White interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, and an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids . . .

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm guessing the snow was a total surprise, right? Otherwise your car would have been under cover. *G* That's okay. Last month the California desert I live in got so much rain that I thought I was back at Oregon State. It wiped out my phone lines, kept two of my Mustangs under canvas and very little work got done.
We all get our own wierd weather. When I lived in Fresno the sun warmed our pool to 96 degrees. It snowed here in Palm springs one March day. It gets so the earthquakes are just a change of pace and I'm only 3 miles from the San Andreas fault! Unfortunately, it's on the the wrong side for me to have beach front property here some day. *G*
The thing is, with the lake effect, you had more snow last winter than...(fill in the blank.) *G*

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I feel your pain...i hate anyplace as cold as or colder than Ohio.... and your (colder than)
But, remember last Saturday? Now that was a day..high 70's and sun.....Remember???
What i day i had...took the cover off the stang, cleaned the cat urin off the trunk lid(damn cats)and polished it all up, changed the oil, fired her up,
float stuck open, pumped a quart or two of gas out the top of the ole Holly, cleaned the gas off the manifold and floor, banged the carb with the handle of a screw driver ,and off i went, parallel parked in town on a slight hill, stuck her in park and as i started to exit she pops out of park and coasts into the curb.
What a great time, after waitin all winter,I cant wait for summer.
Are we havin fun yet?
Wayne

[color:red]1965 A code fastback c4 with factory air ,power steering and front disc, 10/64 build ,a pre GT...GT</font color=red>
[color:green]My web site is [color:purple]here</font color=purple>
http://www.valkyrie.net/~wayne50f1

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Hey another Michigangder!!!!!!!
Alright!!!!!!, I am in Holland Michigan, if your ever in the West Michigan area give me a holler. Your not to far away in Hillsdale.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1603896&a=12227378&p=44495546&Sequence=1&res=high.jpg
73 351C C6 3.25 T-lock
Jesus is all the world to me!
Mustang's are just a Hobby
http://www.folksite.com/TFOB

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the LAUGH!!! I had tears coming out of the corner of my eyes! But you know, car problems can be nice- justifies me not mowing the lawn when I have to get the car running.

My car has been out a month, but it's been one thing after another. Just last Wednesday my waterpump went out. It was installed last June when I did my rebuild and it MIGHT have 1,000 miles on it. And yes, it was a FORD part, not a cheap Chinese aftermarket part. Cuss. On a car with PS and AC, nothing is easy to get to. So, it's been parked in the driveway looking fast and waiting to be fixed.

I did fix the dash lights and convert it from one to two-speed wipers on Friday, but the waterpump was suppose to get fixed today. Oh well. I don't work in the snow. Guess it can sit a few more days!

Doug

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like to take my Mustang on long drives, so I'll keep you in mind. I hear that Mustangs are a dime a dozen in California, but not here. I always love to see others on these crappy Michigan roads (speaking of which, I could use a good reference for some shocks!).

Later,

Doug

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey your lucky! i havent seen snow since i moved down here! thanks i needed that! :( well in california the ground will swallow your mustang, in florida the mustang will become an airplane so there just isnt about anywhere in the world that something will happen to it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that's a nice pic!! I love the snow!! hehehe, but maybe that's cause I'm in California!! Still love it though!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts