Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm now doing all the work on my cars in my own garage, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about ways to improve it. I started by purchasing a few tools that I was lacking along with some other equipment that would help. This weekend I was seriously looking at other ways to improve the work space. A lift would be wonderful, but there is no way to fit one in, I've checked the measurements. So, if I can't go up, maybe I can go down. Nope, the floor is a thick concrete slab on river cobbles. It would take dynamite and a big dozer to dig down. Let's see, more cabinets? Nope, no room for that either. Maybe some hooks and stuff on the walls to store tools? Uh no, the walls are pretty full of necessary stuff right now. Definitely can't take down any of my Mustang signs.

So, after being thoroughly bummed out about my inability to improve my working space, I stepped back a bit and took a new look at it. My conclusion--there is absolutely nothing wrong with my garage, as you can see below.

http://www.tucsonpony.com/garage1.jpg

How could anyone be unhappy with a garage equipped like this? ::

·
Registered
221 Posts
You could always build another garage with a lift and more room to put more Mustangs in! :) :)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I know how you feel. I love my garage too. My wife still misses our old house - - says I "made" her move to a smaller house just so I could have extra parking spaces. She just doesn't understand.

Got the work area and lift on one side: http://photographiti.com/cars/misc/onlift.jpg

and the storage/junk area on the other (around the '68 and the Thunderbird):
http://photographiti.com/cars/68/day1/p6140008_std.jpg

1900 square feet of air conditioned heaven.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Laurie,

What are the dimensions of your garage? My parents and I are having one built in September/October that will be 28' x 32'. I need to fit my 1965 coupe in there along with a 1953 Buick Super with a good amount of work space. I would just like to get a visual idea of how much space I will have.

Thanks ;)

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know the size, but it holds two 68s just fine. I'll get the measurements for you this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Works for me, Laurie ! Sometimes it's not the garage, but what's parked in it! ::

I'm still hankering for a home garage, so yours looks great to me. Dickson

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Half of them used to be on my coupe and the others on my mother's Probe. I think there are a few more in the cabinets. ::

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Works for me, Laurie ! Sometimes it's not the garage, but what's parked in it!

Exactly!!!!! :: :: ::

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking about painting it, but I would have to move so much stuff it can wait for awhile.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Don't paint it - -put down some of those mirror squares (my mother did a whole wall with those in the '60s and I still have childhood flashbacks.) With all the work you've done those cars need to be seen from all angles possible!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts