Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Edelbrock Edelbrock 1404 (500CFM Manual Choke) on my 65 FB. Carb is new, It is way too rich at idle, and I cant seem to lean it out. Amy suggestions, such as re-jetting, or changing metering rods etc. or is there anything else I can do.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
This reply may incriminate me for stupidity, but I made the mistake, maybe you did too. I put a 600 on a 56 Chevy the other day and forgot to put the pipe plug in the vacuum port directly on the back. When we fired the motor it didnt run too bad, but MAN did it burn your eyes from running rich. Screwed the plug in and off we went....maybe, maybe not, but I missed it, and I'm supposed to be good......guess not LOL

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
both front screws should be the same distance turned out

dont be like one of my workers and connect the fuel line to the large vacuum port at the bottom!! If you did, change the oil (probably full of gas!!) and connect the carb right!

if you have a HUGE cam, you might need lighter step up springs...get the edelbrock calibration kit

did the car run right just before you put the carb on? if its been sitting, you may be chasing other probs!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts