Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Don't get your panties in a wad....at least it is all rather easily reversible. :D

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
no doubt someone put tons of money and work in that car. in my opinion they sure went in the wrong direction though.seems they could have bought the correct stuff for what they spent on all the wrong [but nice] stuff. oh well. to each his own i guess. just not for me.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I agree that it seems a darn shame (heck, I'd think the same thing on a std. sportsroof!), but, its a free country! Everybody's entitled to their own tastes (or lack thereof!)

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
I like it. ::

Doesn't look like he's done anything that couldn't be undone...not sure what's involved in the dash mod though.
To each his own. I'm not wild about the steering wheel/dash and center pattern on the seats but, sure looks like a fun car!

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
You don't know what shape the car was in to begin with. I find it very amusing when [insert rare model here] guys say that unless it has the matching drive train, it's just another mustang...untill someone builds it other wise and then they complain. Hey, it's his car!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If it had period correct wheel styling (?16" Minilites) it might not be too bad. The modern 18's kind of overwhelm the look. As stated above, not a lot that couldn't be undone, so just bad taste rather that sacrilege.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The car looks sweet, however I wouldn't put all my stock in that it's a real Boss. He shows no Vin, and the car in the book is a different color blue than the car in the pict.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Was that a mini beer keg in the trunk? Seriously, what is that? Compressor for air shocks maybe? I admit I do like the look of the oversize rims, but the upholstery on the seats is butt ugly.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I like it too. The interior wouldnt be that bad if he had stayed with one color inserts as opposed to the green, gray, and red lil' marks

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i've seen that car in several mag articles. it really is a very sweet car, although i'm not sure if it is a real boss or not. i seem to remember reading that it was, though. in any case that car was built specifically to compete against cars like Mark Stielow's 69 camaros in One Lap of America events and other "pro touring" events like cannonball and Silver State, etc. but there were some recent rule changes in one lap races and some others so the car no longer fits the rules and it would require more hacking than he was willing to do it, whish is i guess the reason he is selling it so he can build something that will fit the new rules better

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most of those who trash the resto-Boss have either never had the money to even begin to think of putting together a G-Machine or have never driven a professionally made G-Machine. I personally have a 1970 Boss 302 and have updated it and upgraded it to a professionally made G-Machine. When done correctly, it will actually enhance the value. But I also see the other side of the coin, and that is why I will not G-Machine my Boss 429. Once you drive one, you are hooked. My 71 Boss 351 is next on the GMachine block. These are all top drawer cars, rotisserie restored, with the bucks invested to back them up as real top notch machines. Even the eBay car is nice, just look at how much the car is selling for? Enough said...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts