Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I recall, from 1965, riding down the 101 between Belmont and Redwood City in the SF Bay area, counting Mustang passing by in the opposing lanes. I'd routinely count 50-75 of them. Shortly thereafter we bought a Ivy Green 66 C code coupe for my mom. She drove that until it was passed onto me in 1972. I drove it daily across the San Mateo Bridge to attend Cal State Hayward. I still own that Mustang, and have bought 3 others new, and 3 65-66s over the next 45 years.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought a '67 Cougar from my best friend's daughter many years ago because I used to keep it maintained and she wanted someone to own it that would take care of it. I still have it and will be back to driving it after it's new paint job. I bought a '66 Mustang (in boxes and buckets) from a neighbor that was moving to the Midwest. Since I was his "good neighbor", he sold it to me for what he had paid ($450). It's nearly finished but needs a new paint job too.

·
Registered
791 Posts
When I was a young lad, my father had a restoration and parts business, we always had a myriad of different 60's cars, firebirds, mustangs, GTO's etc. I always remember riding around with my mom in 'her' red 68 GT/CS! or Dads White '67 GTA 390 fastback. The 'birds were cool.. but now pricey. The Mopars are made of unobtanium and prohibitively expensive to build now for a young guy with a family. A GTO? yeah... good luck...

Always liked the early cars. Always wanted a fastback. Couldn't justify the extra cost, so here I am with a really nice '65 coupe and a really rotten '65 coupe project.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Moved to the US from South Africa two years ago. Always liked the latest version of the Mustang that Ford started to import into SA over the last few years.

About 4 months ago my son and I stopped in at a car show and that was it.

The classic Mustang shape is just that. Classic.

We managed to buy a 66 in amazing condition. Original owner and literally no rust other than some minor stuff in the wheel wells in the trunk.
Love the simplicity of this Mustang. From a time when things were simpler and not everyone had an opinion about everything under the sun.
Well maybe without Facebook and Twitter they just couldn’t share it as easily!

61 - 64 of 64 Posts