Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife drove 3 counties South East to shop in a county without any cases reported. Probably no hospital either but the effort is appreciated! At least she's paying attention and taking action and precautions unlike many of my co-workers.
So some will reply with the fact that no cases reported means nothing. You can only do what you can do.

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
My county in rural Texas has no reported cases but the restaurants are take-out or drive-thru only per governor orders. I have not changed my lifestyle other than I can't go in Subway for a sandwich or DQ for ice cream. I still go to Walmart, O'Reilly and Ace Hdwe but all are operating at reduced hours.
Oh yeah, I drove my '65 into town today and got a thumbs up from a guy older than me at Tractor Supply and an "is it a '68 or '69?" from a younger guy at the gas station.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
@Nailbender I can say I appreciate the efforts of my wife, too. Working from home, staying on top of our two sons' now home schooling, still shopping, cooking, washing, cleaning...I'm glad you see the value in your wife. Hope your time together is perfect for you both. My county has been sort of a hot spot, but a lot of that is because of the availability of free testing and a ton of public information. The counties around us are a lot more rural and have a lot less available to them, so if here is where they have to come to survive, we have open arms -- but keep your distance haha!
In other news, a four year old little girl missing for 48 hours in a huge wooded area has been found alive and well, so our community and those around us have worked hard and can breathe a little easier. Be thankful for each other, friends.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
My county, and all surrounding counties have no reported cases, and the hospitals are empty, so I took the kids for some real social distancing yesterday. I do leave for a 4 day trip tonight. I have overnights in Newark, Atlanta, and New Orleans. Hitting up all those hotspots before the furloughs come.
7488F638-DD3C-4502-BC99-8640F82C98EC.jpeg
067DD8E9-B472-40F2-9B9F-AC52BB268A2E.jpeg

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Why is everybody buying all the toilet paper AND all the paper towels? This is somewhat baffling to me. The shelves are completely bare at my local Brookshires and this started a week or so ago. I do have a back up plan. I can use blue shop towels if I have to, LOL. Buying all the toilet paper seems kind of stupid to me. Whoever is doing this has quit buying all the bottled water, milk and bread even.

I'm in far northeast Texas in a border county with Louisiana. I guess I need to be concerned and careful due to what is going on over in Shreveport. On the Texas side there is one neighboring county with 1 positive case. My county so far has none. Other than the big urban centers, I think the rest of Texas is fairly safe. My county is somewhat different though. We get travel through from all over the place and particularly from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas but I see license plates from Colorado a lot, New Mexico and Arizona.

I'm not too concerned though. My normal life style is almost a shelter in place situation. I live alone, have pretty much no visitors and work in my own shop alone. The only time any more that I get out is to go to the grocery store, buy gas, go over to Lowes sometimes but I shop the local Trico lumber and supplies and Napa more. I see my doctor quarterly and lately been seeing my dentist every month. I'm not around kids or crowds of people.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Yesterday I had to go to the military pharmacy to pick up some meds. While there I was going to go to the base commissary for a few groceries, but they had a guard at the door and wouldn't let anyone in except for base residents. This was ordered by the commander. So I decided to go across the river to the Shreveport Sam's Club. Just before turning into the Sam's parking lot, heard on the radio that Shreveport just had a bunch more covid-19 cases reported. So I did a U turn and came home. There have only been two cases in my Parish, so I feel pretty safe grocery shopping here.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Why is everybody buying all the toilet paper AND all the paper towels? This is somewhat baffling to me. The shelves are completely bare at my local Brookshires and this started a week or so ago. I do have a back up plan. I can use blue shop towels if I have to, LOL. Buying all the toilet paper seems kind of stupid to me. Whoever is doing this has quit buying all the bottled water, milk and bread even.

I'm in far northeast Texas in a border county with Louisiana. I guess I need to be concerned and careful due to what is going on over in Shreveport. On the Texas side there is one neighboring county with 1 positive case. My county so far has none. Other than the big urban centers, I think the rest of Texas is fairly safe. My county is somewhat different though. We get travel through from all over the place and particularly from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas but I see license plates from Colorado a lot, New Mexico and Arizona.

I'm not too concerned though. My normal life style is almost a shelter in place situation. I live alone, have pretty much no visitors and work in my own shop alone. The only time any more that I get out is to go to the grocery store, buy gas, go over to Lowes sometimes but I shop the local Trico lumber and supplies and Napa more. I see my doctor quarterly and lately been seeing my dentist every month. I'm not around kids or crowds of people.
Some believe that the US Government is going to use the military to force us inside our homes with no food, water or TP for an extended period of time. Pointing out that forcing an armed populace to starve isn't going to go well typically gets me a blank stare...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happened this morning on the way to work. I stopped at a McDonald's and ordered a breakfast sandwich and coffee. I was kinda running a little late (though I don't need to clock in).
I simply paid for my food and she handed me my change. I guess my brain took handing me change as handing me food too, so I drove off. I was a few miles away before realizing my mistake, so I didn't turn back. Thankfully, I have a snacks in my drawer at work.
I'm still laughing at myself. Hey maybe if I go back tomorrow, they'll have just set it to the side and I'll pick it up then /s
I imagine all the workers there laughed about it. I hope the girl who handled the money doesn't get in trouble. It's probably not the first time it's happened to them but definitely the first time I did it. Maybe I'll go to a different snaptube vidmate restaurant location for a while. I'm still laughing at myself, oh thankfully I was driving alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts