Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 fb. I need to replace the rocker panels on. I found a good deal on a pair for a 67 fb. Will they fit?
Seems like I remember when I was under my 67 and looked at the rockers it said 65 on them??? And I know they have never been replaced.
thanks
troy

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Believe the 65 stamped in the is body style of design (hardtop). Shared part on the fastback.

Not sure of applicability of the parts across 65-68's and bodystyle. A few variations on most vendor sites.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Are you referring to the rocker panel itself or the trim molding(s)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I was referring to the rocker panel, the 66 is rusted out in front of the rear wheel. I know the trim moldings are dirrerent. Will do some more looking today. Most of the venders list them as different but,
I was kind of hoping the 67 would fit.
thanks,guys
troy

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Yes I was referring to the rocker panel, the 66 is rusted out in front of the rear wheel. I know the trim moldings are dirrerent. Will do some more looking today. Most of the venders list them as different but,
I was kind of hoping the 67 would fit.
thanks,guys
troy
Yes the moldings obviously look different. Question was do they fit? So I was thinking maybe you like the smooth look of the 67/68 molding.

·
Registered
562 Posts
With a plasma cutter and a MiG you can make anything fit, well almost. The question is what will it look like when done and was the effort worth your time relative to just buying the right panels from the onset. Maybe consider selling the 67 panels and buy the right ones for your car. From the posts lately there are a number of folks working on 67-68 cars that may want to buy them (if they're good quality).

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
My suspicion is that they will fit. My original rockers also have "65" cast into them. Given that all Mustangs from 64-70 were the same wheelbase, can't see why Ford would make the rockers different. Yes, the moldings differed throughout the years, but the rockers themselves I believe stayed the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the moldings obviously look different. Question was do they fit? So I was thinking maybe you like the smooth look of the 67/68 molding.
Just to clear this up. The question is about the rocker panels themselves not the moldings. I have the original moldings and intend on using them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts