Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used wiring harness for my 67 Fastback that has the tach and fog light hookups. Will this harness work on my non-tach/non-fog light 67?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That thing would be worth some bucks. I would buy it and flip it if the price is right.

I had a tach cluster originally and the PO took it out when he sold the car. The standard gauges are working so it must be able to be done.

I have purchased a Tach cluster and hope to get it wired back in once I get my new engine. Of all of the projects I am doing this one scares me the most.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So will it work?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can not think of Why Not.
These are just accessories. I do not believe they control the output to anything else.
Of couse I am basing this statement off of the 66 diagram.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
It will not work on the 69/70 without repinning the connector into the printed circuit, as the layout of the pins within the connector differs between the tach and non-tach underdash harness. Just passing this one along for those 69-70 owners who might think what works for 67/68 would work for them.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about that, thanks Justin.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You need to connect the two tach leads together or it won't run. Easy to do as one is female and the other male.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
I agree - it's a piece of cake to get the engine to run- as said previously just conect the male and female tach leads, that makes the series circuit with the ignition complete and away you go. As far as the idiot lights-back-to-gauges, the oil sender needs to be switched (cheap fix) and the ammeter circuit connected. Not really difficult to do. Easier to go from tach to non-tach than the other way around - also you can make a LOT of money by flipping the tach unit if you wish to go to the oil/amp gauge layout.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't win the auction, my top bid was $311.00. Hope the seller has a Merry Christmas! Hehe!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts