Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live in Michigan. Been looking for a 67-68 fastback forever. Based on a lot of comments I saw posted here I decided to gamble and buy a rust free California car sight unseen ( saw pictures only). Bought a '67 fastback out of Sacramento which was posted on this site a couple weeks ago. DAS shippers have had the car in their yard in Folsum, CA for over a week. The wait is driving me nuts! Any way about half the car is primered. Sank all my money into buying the car and won't be able to afford a good paint job this year. The car will be stored in an unheated garage over the winter. Will it be alright left in primer while stored or should I have it Maaco'ed now and repainted again next spring? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The car should be fine in an unheated garage as long as there is no bare metal. I'd be much more concerned about what surprises await you, since you bought the car sight unseen. California cars are not always rust-free, so I hope the pictures were extremely detailed and plentiful.

Here's hoping the car turns out to be everything you want.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
As long as its not spray can primer, you should be fine. Yea, I bet the wait is killing ya too...Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
It'll be fun digging it out next Spring to uncover all the physical and mechanical surprises. You are a brave man to buy a car sight unseen. Good luck with it.....

·
Registered
371 Posts
I like you bought my car sight unseen.
Got it from the Las Vegas area.
I did have many pictures, and videos of the car.
I wasn't disappointed. Actually I was surprised
at how good of shape the car was in.
Still had a lot of work, as you can see in my sig picture
I changed the color. It was fun, challenging.

Good luck. Keep your hopes up...the car will get here.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Be kinda glad you used DAS..at least they can tell you pretty quick where your car is even tho they seem to be getting know for keping in in one place for a long time beforee it hits the road. If you search here you will the story of the guy in Tx who they managed to loose and deliver his car to the wrong city..but they knew where it was and what was going on!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts