Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Quick question...as of right now i have a 1973 mustang thats a complete shell.
Im waiting for the mustang II front suspension to come in so i’m installing the rear axle and leafs in the mean time.
Question is, with absolutely nothing on the front end, no trans no engine no suspension (Front ends also tube framed) will the car flip back end over trying to install the rear?
Any one ever tried? Thanks

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I am not sure what you are asking? If you are installing the rear end all you need is a floor jack and some jackstands(though last time I removed one that way, I had to drag the axle out sideways because I couldn't be bothered to remove the wheels)

·
Registered
12,133 Posts
...You are afraid of the weight of the rear end literally flipping your car backwards end over end?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Ja, I'm not really sure what are you asking us here,....no, your car won't flip over backwards. Are you putting a MII front suspension on a 73 ? can I ask why ? theres already LOTS of room in the bay. What is it you are trying to do ? LSG

·
Registered
749 Posts
If your bay is tall enough, just attach a chain hoist to the front body cross support and you can stand it on end (then push it on over).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts