Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my 205/75R/15 tires fit on a 15x7 wheel?
I found a decent looking pair of wheels at a flea market today, and the guy only wants 25.00 for the set. Not sure of the brand, but they look good. Thanks for any input.
Dan

every man must have a toy
98 Dodge Ram (mobile tool box)
97 Grand Cherokee (family hauler)
66 Coupe 289/c-4 (The Other Woman)

·
Registered
35,317 Posts
Tires will fit the wheels fine. The BIG question is will the wheels fit the car. Check to make sure they have the right bolt spacing, lug size, center hole and backspacing. There's nothing that'll cause big problems faster than an ill fitting wheel.

'66 A-code Fastback (therapy)
'89 Town Car (SWMBO D'driver)
'87 Caprice (as req'd by Hagerty)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
As bartl states there are other measurements to consider...on the 15x7's you would probably be looking for a 3.5" backspacing, and of course you have to match the bolt pattern but many aftermarket wheels are drilled for Chevy and Ford five bolt patterns.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Click the FAQ link in my sig line and look for tires topics (in Miscellaneous, I think). There's a chart that will tellyou what tire/wheel/backspacing combo fits what.

Jerry

The FAQs, nothing but the FAQs: http://www.geocities.com/a65ragtop/VM_FAQ

If you can't [color:red]dazzle</font color=red> [color:green]them</font color=green> [color:yellow]with</font color=yellow> [color:purple]brilliance</font color=purple>, baffle 'em with bull

1 - 4 of 4 Posts