Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to cover all my bases here. I haven't given up on headers yet, but just in case I can't find any that work without spending a fortune, will these work on my 72 351C 2V in a 68 Mustang? Are they essentially the same as the 70-73 Mustang manifolds, or are there major differences. The RH manifold I have is D7TE-9430-AB and the LH is D5AE-9431-AB. Anyone have any info as to what these came off of and if they'll work for me?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
A lil' more info would help...What engine are you running on the 68? Either way, I think that exhaust manifolds arent interchangeable when it comes to different engine families, but dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be running a 72 351C 2V in my 68 Stang with Tremec TKO 3550 manual tranny.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't know if they still make them but I used Hedman headers when I put a 351C and toploader four speed from my 71 into my 67 Fastback a few years ago. The headers were designed for the 71 but they fit right in the 67 with only a minor adjustment. One of the headers tubes rubbed on the steering box so I dimpled it where it rubbed. problem solved.

I don't know what differences there are size wise between the toploader and your tremec but the headers cleared the 4spd by a considerable margin.

Steve

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
As for 2V's I don't know. When it comes to 4V's in a 1970 (same basic setup) you need 70 4V manifolds on the driverside. Otherwise it's real tight on the steering box. If you manifolds don't work you may try a set of 1970's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts