Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of 14X7" Chrome Cragar SS wheels with BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires. The tires are 235/60 14 (fronts) and 2 245/60 14 (rears) and the wheels are a unilug bolt pattern. I don't think the 235s will fit my car without rolling the fenders. Can somone confirm this? I have a 67 convertible with front discs (from discbrakeswap.com) and rear drums. The front has 620-lb springs and 1" UCA drop. The rear springs are 4.5-leaf mid-eyes. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy is asking $500 for the set of rims/tires. Only 2K miles on them with 50% tread left on rears and 90% left on the fronts. Worst case I could have some 215s mounted on the rears and switch them to the front. Does $500 seem like a good deal. The rims are in mint shape.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It's an OK deal if you can't use 2 of the tires. If you can use all 4 and the wheels are mint, then it's definitely a good deal.

Be sure they'll clear your front brakes. I had to go to a 15" (also Cragar SS) to clear the calipers on my disk brake kit.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you have one of the kits from discbrakeswap.com? I installed kit # .1421, which I think is very close to the original setup for these cars. Can anyone confirm? I also have the 1" UCA drop and 620-lb lowering springs if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
767 Posts
No, I'm running the 11.25" kit from Street or Track.com. (Well, technically, I'm installing it as part of a larger job and the car's not back on the road yet.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts