Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Vendor
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to experience Sears Point at speed? Want to feel how a track prepared vintage Mustang handles the 12 turn 2.5 mile road course? Want to help raise money for charity?

Well you can do all of these things on September 1st 2002.

The cause:
Her name was Beatrice, she had 17 Grandchildren & 11 Great Grandchildren, one of her Grandchildren is my wife, Christine. Beatrice was the sweetest person I ever met. A hard working farmers wife who raised 5 children in their small 3 bedroom farmhouse. I am eternally grateful to Beatrice for instilling good values in my wife and making her into the person I love and married. In 1997, 4 years after her husband died of lung cancer, Beatrice was diagnosed with Non - Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a terrible blood related cancer. Over 5 years, her body slowly crumbled until she was over a foot shorter and half her healthy body weight. Her body finally ceased to function in May 29th, 2002 with family by her side.

The how:
Christine, who was incredibly close with her Grandmother, started searching for a way to help other cancer sufferers. On December 8th, 2002, Christine and 18,000 other participants will enter the 26 mile Honolulu Marathon in Hawaii ( www.honolulumarathon.org ). The buildup to this event will take four months of training and she will total over 200 miles of pavement pounding footsteps. With the help of Team in Training, Christine will compete to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society ( http://leukemia-lymphoma.org/ ).

The ride:
You will be taken in a track prepared vintage Mustang around the 12 turn, 2.5 miles of Sears Point, now named Infineon Raceway ( http://www.infineonraceway.com/index.html ) for a 20 minute session at speeds of over 100 miles an hour!

4 rides will be available. The highest 4 donators get a ride at Sears Point! 100% of the money that is raised goes towards Christine's total of $3300 she needs to raise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 0% will be used to fund the 3-4mpg our cars will get during our 20 minutes of 'pedal to the metal'! We'll also include a digital picture of you and the driver standing next to the car!

Remember the cause? Beatrice. Remember the how? 26 mile marathon. Remember the ride? Sears Point.

Bidding will be open from now until Wednesday August the 28th. Please email me at [email protected] with your bid offer. I will then update the post to reflect the highest bids.

Current bids:
Ride 1: $100 - Highest donator - Pete Kelker
Ride 2: $150 - Highest donator - Tom Halpenny
Ride 3: $30
Ride 4: $30

Disclaimer: You are bidding to raise money for charity, not paying for a ride at Sears Point. The ride is our way of saying thank you! You must be over 18 to enter, 16\17 with parental consent. If you need parental consent, you will need the parent or guardian present at the track. You ride at your own risk. The drivers, VMF, Infineon Raceway and the organizers of the event are in no way responsible for any personal damage to you or your personal belongings. Entrant will be asked to sign a release form before the event and at the track.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.