Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem a little anal to some but is there a correct position/direction for the side window cranks with the windows in the full up position? I was told interior guys put them horizontal facing the front of the vehicle when the window is up.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I like em about 1 OC when fully rolled up

i dont think theres any rule with it

·
Dimples
4,674 Posts
I clock them so that they are parallel with the door handle when the windows are DOWN. I forget where that leaves them when the windows are up, but the windows are almost never up when I drive or show it, so that doesn't really matter to me.

I have a custom door panel now, so the door handle is lower than how I did it with the stock panel, but you still get the idea:

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
It is called "clocking". The Osbourne assembly manual will describe it. Its OK to be anal about it, rather than be surprized by an anal judge.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,464 Posts
I'm not all THAT particular about it but if I happen to have things apart on any car I like to put the handles where they are level and pointing straight ahead with the windows up. I don't really know why but I seem to find it pleasing and could care less where they are when the windows are down. It could be because I'm weird. I have the Osbourne manuals but don't recall what they say about it

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I don’t have my Osborn manuals here, but iirc, the drivers is clocked at 2 and passenger at 10.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Not an issue, I got electric windows. LOL

Reactions: elcam84

·
Super Moderator
9,761 Posts
I clock them so that they are parallel with the door handle when the windows are DOWN. I forget where that leaves them when the windows are up, but the windows are almost never up when I drive or show it, so that doesn't really matter to me.

I have a custom door panel now, so the door handle is lower than how I did it with the stock panel, but you still get the idea:

I like the way they match positions.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I prefer to clock them when windows down, and no more than 9 o clock - so it doesn't jab or hit my leg/knee ;)

Reactions: Garth66

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Now that you mention it, I think the rationale for 10 & 2 was so they were parallel with the door handle, at least on a 67 with deluxe interior.

·
Registered
928 Posts
It kinda' depends on when you want to hit your knuckles opening your door. If the knobs end up toward the door handle, then it's skinned knuckles time.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
As others said, mine handle & crank in position to not hit my knee. Out of the way when I do have to clutch. Also door handle about same height if it had deluxe panels. Think about same as pics of orig stangs.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts