Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new window felt kit, made by Felt-Kits, Re-Pop? It is going into a '71 ragtop, all original including window felt. I have never done it before, so do I need to remove the window glass to install the seal between the glass and the shell? Also, the kit came with some foam strips, can anyone tell me what that is for? Any advise on the felt replacement is appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have done a couple of these, and depending on how much you plan to replace, you can either do it with or without taking out the widow. The extra felt pieces actually go along the runners where the windows go up and down. If the window felt is rotten on the top and sides, chances are it is just as bad on the runners. I personally would take the windows out and repalace them, as well as all of the nylon pieces, just so that everything works well and you only have to do it once. Make sure that you bolt the windows back in the doors before putting the felt on the uppers sides, it will make it much easier to get the window back in. The rest in pretty easy. You may want to consider putting some type of insulation on the inside of the doors, I can't believe what a difference it made in roadnoise after I did my 70 Mach. Good luck, and enjoy. Brent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts