Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone asked already, but can i remove the driver side window without disassembling the everything?

The past few months I've been noticing that my passenger side window cracks open while driving high speed. As I removed the door panel trim, I noticed that the window glue is kinda worn, so the window moves side to side. I was thinking of just yanking the window out, clean the surface and old adhesive, then re glue it back in place... has anyone done it that way or do I really have to take the whole thing apart?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you have the panel off, you should be able to see and access the lower window channel. I'd crank it up to the closed position then mark the channel and glass with a felt tip pen. Then lower the window until everything is easy to reach. Then you can lift the glass out of the channel (and/or have a helper do so) put weatherstrip glue in the channel and slide the window back down.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
On my glue in 69 I had to unscrew the regulator from the shell, then remove the rollers on the arms from the roller tracks. The rounded square rubber molding at the upper rear of the shell needs removed. Lift the glass all the way up, tilt the glass top in, and remove rearward thru the opening where the rubber molding was located. It has to be at a precise angle to be removed. Mine did anyway. Patience is golden.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I used the 3M adhesive he recommends, along with the caulk gun mod. 3 years later I've had no issues.

·
Registered
1969 Ford Mustang Convertible, 351W, 2bl, FMX
6 Posts
The video is very helpful. Take note of the bracket being 1 inch from the edge of the glass. There are other older posts On this forum citing 1/4” which is wrong. I Used 3M windshield urethane which also works well. Uses a normal caulk gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts