Vintage Mustang Forums banner

window "weatherstrip" i.d.?

806 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Guest
What is the strip that goes between the window, and the door? I "guess" it is to prevent the glass from rubbing the door when you roll them up & down? anyway mine has seen better days, and needs replacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I think it is called the front door vent window division bar weatherstrip.

John L. Anschutz
Allen, TX
68 Diamond Blue Coupe - 302
68 Acapulco Blue Coupe - I6 - 200
they're referred to as many things.. like cat whiskers or window felt. you can buy a whole kit for your fastback which would be 4 pieces. check your parts catalogs and look for window felt or door weatherstrip.

the purpose of these is to keep the glass from rattling inside the door and to finish off the gap between the glass and doors.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>
See less See more
I've always called it "window felt" what Charles said..... I just wanted to share that I found two new pieces of this in the parts that came with my car. It's always nice to find this kinda stuff!

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at:

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat
Isn't it also called beltline weatherstrip or is that something else?

Besides the things already mentioned, it helps keeps water out of the door too.
Please contribute to my Reproduction Parts Rating Site
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.