Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problems again!! Apparently my windshield on my '66 Conv. was not installed right as well as the many other things. While trying to remove the chrome to install a new weatherstrip, I have found only 1 old rusty clip and no more. The chrome will not budge even tho it seems to have the soft sealer on the inner portion. Two questions: )1. Have they used glue and if so, what happens now. )2. Should the chrome get damaged when further force is used to remove it, where do you get replacements for a convertible. The repros are for fastback and coupe with the exception of the lower section are they not? If not is trim the same for all body styles or just which part or parts are different? Please help!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Did you take off the trim from the inside of the car, sunvisor brackets, mirror and trim? According to the manual, there should be retaining screws under all that holding the outer trim down. If that's not it and somebody did glue it down, it would be impossible to tell what they used and what would get it off. As for replacement parts, that piece is for a convertible only, it does not interchange with other body styles. If you mess it up, I would try calling CJ Pony Parts as they have a Mustang used parts yard, or Pat Robey, who is a VMFer and has salvage rights in junkyards. I have pesonally dealt with Pat and his service is excellent! PM me if you want his E-Mail address.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did remove the header bar, mirror & bracket, and visor brackets. It does not want to budge. Is the outer trim you are referring to held down by screws under the front body pillar weatherstrip? I am going to do more examining and then if no success or solution, take it to a windshield place and then determine what pieces of chrome destroys upon removal. I would like to have sources available to obtain good used replacements. Am I correct in reading that the lower windshield trim is the same for all models?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Check you E-Mail, I sent you some info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.