Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang,

i'm installing the windshield and have a question. third clip down mounting hole on the A pillar is further out from the others (same on passenger side). seems odd to me. please see pic attached.
seems close to the other. maybe it shouldn't be there at all.

any tips here?

cheers

·
Premium Member
12,026 Posts
This is the 3rd time within the past month that this exact same question has come up with nothing being asked about it in the past 10 years.
The '64.5 and early '65 cars had a screw in that outward hole that did not go all the way down flush. Somebody responded that it is the same screw that is used to retain the glove box door cable. The windshield trim for those same cars had a notch cut into the flange that goes under the clips. When installing the trim the notch goes around the screw. No clip there, just a special screw.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the 3rd time within the past month that this exact same question has come up with nothing being asked about it in the past 10 years.
The '64.5 and early '65 cars had a screw in that outward hole that did not go all the way down flush. Somebody responded that it is the same screw that is used to retain the glove box door cable. The windshield trim for those same cars had a notch cut into the flange that goes under the clips. When installing the trim the notch goes around the screw. No clip there, just a special screw.

awesome, thank you.

I tried to search before posting. good lesson for all to be wise about the title of threads. no way "questions about these holes" would have shown up in a search for this topic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts