Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Don't risk cracking or scuffing them. I don't think it is possible anyway cuz the end edges of the moldings fit under the metal panel.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have removed them without removing the dash. I just wiggled them out of there.
If you want to be extra careful loosen the dash pad top. This is done with a row of screws under the padding and I think the end caps may have to come off as well on the sides. The dash top, pad and metal piece, is removable without removing the dash assembly.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I found a parts car with intact interior and want to buy the trim. On my '73 I'm doing a total tear down, so I pulled the dash face, pad, and metal top all as one unit.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Hey! When are you going to get that thing off of the trailer and show us what it looks like?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fordication said:
Hey! When are you going to get that thing off of the trailer and show us what it looks like?
No photos until after media blasting. Look away, i'm hideous! I pulled the engine/tranny last weekend. Front steering/suspension and rear end is the majority of what I have left now. I plan on making it look like a Sports Coupe when it's all said and done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts