Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 coupe has the foot pump in it with the harness plugged in & two hoses going thru the fire wall. I mounted a tank where the bag is supposed to be. Now assume I need a pump. I can't find any loose wires coming from the fire wall that would possibly power a pump motor. I can't find any info as to how it originally was put together. I've got the larger hose from the foot thing thru the firewall going to the tank. The smaller one I have no idea where it would go. Nor do I know where the small hose from the nozzles go. So far I haven't found a decent drawing or diagram of this system. So any input would be appreciated ......what pump motor, wire to power a pump motor etc etc Thanks !!!!!

·
Registered
34,692 Posts
The pedal thingy on the floor is the pump. You have to press the the pedal pump-pump-pump to wash the windshield. The electrical connection on the pump assembly turns the wipers on for you. The hose connections are on the firewall side of the pump assembly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 22GT......I just found a complete explanation on how the 67 68 system works on a different forum.I didn't realize the foot peddle IS the pump ! So all I really need to do is reduce the hose from the firewall down to the squirter size hose ! Correct ?

·
Registered
34,692 Posts
The big hose is from the reservoir to the pump. The smaller hose is the supply to the nozzles. Comes up the LH side of the firewall, splits at an F fitting, one hose goes to the LH nozzle, the other goes to the RH nozzle. The hoses, firewall grommet, F fitting, nozzles, and even the pump diaphragm are available new. This is how the hoses go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts