Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new hear and im not sure if this is the reight web site for my question but lets try. I bought a 351 windsor (engine nr: E4AE-6015-FA-6 7B21).I wanna swap it in to my Jeep M715. I allready made al the work to adapt it to the stock trannsmission but now i need to rebuild the engine. I need to change the pistons and so a thaught on buying also a stroker crank with the pistons. in addition to that i found a power packaged from edelbrock which should be good for 400 hp and 400ft lbs. Now the question is will these produkts work together and will the extra stroke make some good torque in low rpm? Btw i will use a 800cfm edelbrock carburetor. I read the comments of the edelbrock total power packaged and there they wrote that they are not sure if stroker kits will fit.I saw that there are different piston rod leghts and i aslo know that during the 70s they made changed the deck height so im not sure if this kits will fit. So i am not sure which compression i will finally have and if the valves fit. So if anyone could say me if these two kits will work together or if anyone could suggest me another stroker kit that works 100% i would be verry grateful. The problem is that i live in europe and to resent items woukld be verry expensive.
Many thanks in advance Daniel
PS:sorry for my english

Kit 1: Edelbrock 2092 at summit racing
Kit 2 Eagle speciality products 14123030

·
Premium Member
9,688 Posts
You (or your engine builder) will have to calculate what the compression ratio would be with those heads and those pistons and also calculate if your piston-to-valve clearance will be sufficient. You certainly don't want to put those components in an engine and then discover that you only have 8:1 compression ratio and the valves hit the pistons.
Maybe Edelbrock could help you if you contact their tech department.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts