Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I put the 'Ol Clunker into storage a few weeks ago. How about you? What does everyone have planned for over the winter?

Myself, I'm not going to do anything on the car but am hoping that Santa will remember a steering wheel or maybe a new floor carpet. Regardless, in the spring I want to install some much overdue shocks and springs.

WINTER SUCKS!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a nice car, what colour are you painting it? Are you restoring it to stock or going more the "restomod" route?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Sounds like a nice car, what colour are you painting it? Are you restoring it to stock or going more the "restomod" route?
it's an S-Code so I'm keeping it stock with a few tricks to some stock parts to keep it looking original, eg. opentracker's upper and lower arms, roller spring perch, idler, stroked the date coded 390 to a 445, painted it the original Dark Moss Green... here's some pic's

·
Registered
316 Posts
it's an S-Code so I'm keeping it stock with a few tricks to some stock parts to keep it looking original, eg. opentracker's upper and lower arms, roller spring perch, idler, stroked the date coded 390 to a 445, painted it the original Dark Moss Green... here's some pic's

Nice shop - how large?

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Plan to get my interior all prepped, then slap some paint on it when it's warm enough.. Then HOPEFULLY drive it this summer.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spring official starts March 20th... just another week and a half to go! The end of winter, though, that's still a little ways off perhaps.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
+1

i'll be putting my fastback back together, i built a heated shop a couple of years ago so i can work on my toys to help pass the winter.
i wish my garage was done

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Santa is a *****. I just saw what I said in 2011 about a new steering wheel and carpet... Santa didn't come through with any of that stuff.

LOL

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, time flies. It's now 2015. I put my car away on Friday, can't believe the season is over. Is it just me or does the period of "Mustang weather" get shorter and shorter every year?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts