Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Winter

4K views 93 replies 30 participants last post by  MidnightExpress 
#1 ·
She looks good basking in the Florida winter sun
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

See less See more
#3 ·
I lived in Florida in 81-82 before it was overcrowded and Nov through Feb were beautiful! I did not like the heat and humidly of the other 8 months.

28º with flurries today, builds character! I'm glad I'm not in Buffalo though, 5 or 6 feet of snow is a bit much.
Automotive tire Plant Road surface Asphalt Grass

#5 ·
I lived in Florida in 81-82 before it was overcrowded and Nov through Feb were beautiful! I did not like the heat and humidly of the other 8 months.

28º with flurries today, builds character! I'm glad I'm not in Buffalo though, 5 or 6 feet of snow is a bit much.
View attachment 868995
You can have my part of that character building brother . I'll just hang out here . Not too hot,not too cold , kinda sorta mostley just right ,sometimes .

#6 ·
I live south of Buffalo - 65-70 inches. Sigh..no hurricanes/floods or fires or even temps above 90. But every 6-7 years we get hit with unbelievable amounts of snow. The last several years hardly any snow - Boston has more than us some years. Here's the latest pic. Ugh if wasn't for the snow..I was born and raised an hour north and they get maybe a dusting..
Cloud Snow Window Sky Slope

#9 ·
Maryland winter snow falls can be "hit or miss". Western MD is more likely to receive measurable snow, while the eastern portion along the Chesapeake Bay may receive very little. It, literally, depends on the trajectory. Major storms moving north along the coast can hammer my hood with as much 4 feet with is what happened in Jan0-Feb 2010, then again in 2016. Since, then, almost nothing.

#10 ·
Many Detroit days of climbing out the window to shovel enough snow to open the storm door to dislodge the car to find a snow drift on the drivers seat cause my window was down 1/4" has me firmly entrenched in Texas.
50* and sunshine today, I think we will go for a drive to the park and throw the ball around!

#12 ·
..even better, on the 4TH of July. My wife started packing a bag, and I said "where are you going?" To a hotel she said. i said we are not going to a hotel, she said suit yourself I am going to a hotel youre welcome to come along.
I started packing a bag.

#13 ·
Years ago, I was in a carpool to work. This particular morning in late March started out bright and sunny to the point I left the window down on my '69 beetle. When we returned to our DDs in the Park 'n Ride lot, I had about 5-6 inches of snow in the drivers seat. This is how Maryland weather can be in March - April.

Reactions: Huntingky
#22 ·
I’d never drive a classic in this weather. Between the salt and slick conditions that would be a bit reckless. Back in the day we would run snow tires sometimes with studs. But living near the Canadian border we wouldn’t be allowed to drive there due to Canada banning them.

#23 ·
10:45 PM, 65 degrees F and thunderstorms here in Alabama. This is kind of like the spring. When it reaches temps like these this time of year, severe weather is likely, and is very dangerous.

#34 ·
Glad to hear! Enjoy the only good months in FLA.

#48 ·
If you have cats, they're really good at getting rid of scorpions. They aren't affected by the venom from the stings.

Our favorite critter that wants to come inside all the time are centipedes. They're really good at eating other insects, but they are ugly as sin. My wife can't stand the sight of them, and a quick shot of Raid is enough to make they squirm into a ball and die.

#49 ·
18* and 20 mph Here in Dallas dont know what the wind chill is, but I just spent an hour covering the pool equipment! Sometimes it feels like my third child. I love it, but it can be an expensive pain in the a$s.; The heater has it holding at 50* so far, and though it's gonna run for 48 hours 😬it beats redoing all that transport piping again.

Reactions: Kjsmitty
#54 ·
Winter is coming. Already had about 105 inches of snow so far and now we get the blizzard conditions with another 2 feet predicted over the weekend. Ugh family is coming in from out of state and my one daughter is flying out to California tomorrow and has to go the Chicago airport I hope she can get her connecting flight. It's when power is out for like 3 days with this type of weather that can get a bit dangerous. Been through it several times in my life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.