Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I will be installing a reproduction pair (thin leather) of the wiper arm pivots to the cowl on my 66 Mustang GT. Are these gaskets installed "as is" or should they be soaked in oil before installation? Not sure how they were installed by the factory. Any help is deeply appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,619 Posts
Hello. I will be installing a reproduction pair (thin leather) of the wiper arm pivots to the cowl on my 66 Mustang GT. Are these gaskets installed "as is" or should they be soaked in oil before installation? Not sure how they were installed by the factory. Any help is deeply appreciated.
What vendor sells them? I bought leather ones a while back but they were pretty thick. I had to reuse my original ones on one post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

NPD sells them. They are a thin leather gasket, and are sold "each" despite what the catalog might say. (The catalog says "each" in one listing, and "per pair" in another.) They have lasted a long time (55+ years) and will be replaced as part of a wiper upgrade (1 speed to 2 speed), so I wanted to replace them in kind. Eventually, I will get to replacing them this winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts