·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate it guys. I’ll just bite the bullet and get one from CJ’s.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
1,029 Posts
I appreciate it guys. I’ll just bite the bullet and get one from CJ’s.
Ok so with having a 100 posts...you must have seen all the threads about CJ's, yet you discard NPD? Sigh...

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,057 Posts
Or just get some pliers and twist that thing out? No telling how many times I've done that to Fords in the last 30 years.

Reactions: TheRktmn

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have a router wrench that I flip around and use the rounded end of the "wrench"....but honestly you could do the same thing with a nickel or a penny. Its only that something longer gives you more torque.

·
Vendor
4,234 Posts
Ok so with having a 100 posts...you must have seen all the threads about CJ's, yet you discard NPD? Sigh...

Chris
In all fairness, we're out-of-stock. We don't sell the Drake tool, we sell another manufacturer's tool, who unfortunately has us "hanging" right now. NPD # 928-1 .

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I have a router wrench that I flip around and use the rounded end of the "wrench"....but honestly you could do the same thing with a nickel or a penny. Its only that something longer gives you more torque.
Put said penny or nickel in vise grips.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I’m running new bezels on and I accidentally painted them when I painted the car. Before I order I’ll see if I can do any of the tricks you mentioned, thanks all. Yeah I looked at NPD, they’re out of stock as Rick said. Everyone bashes CJs but I’ve had nothing but a positive experience with them and I’ve ordered a ridiculous amount of items over the last two years restoring the coupe and now this fastback. Last year I had a very negative experience with NPD (no offense Rick). I’ve been waiting at least 6mo for UPS to pickup a return after being told by an individual at NPD (not Rick) that he would have the UPS guy grab it for return....the package still sits on my porch waiting for pickup. I even offered to print the label and drop it off at the UPS store and was told by the NPD employe he wasn’t sending me a label. I’ve ordered some parts since but most of my business has been with CJs. To each their own.....I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I’ve been waiting at least 6mo for UPS to pickup a return after being told by an individual at NPD (not Rick) that he would have the UPS guy grab it for return....the package still sits on my porch waiting for pickup. I even offered to print the label and drop it off at the UPS store and was told by the NPD employee he wasn’t sending me a label.
Did someone at NPD just tell you to keep it? I've ready many times where businesses, not just NPD, tell the customer to just keep the item. NPD did that for me when I was missing a set screw on a steering wheel hub adapter...keep the part and they sent me another complete one.

·
Registered
See my 1967 parts needs in my signature below!
720 Posts
Reactions: 66Ccode
1 - 16 of 16 Posts