Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to finish up my AAW wiring and need a wiper motor. NPD is out of stock. Any suggestions? NAPA? I’d like to get my hands on one and get it done so I can get out from under the dash for awhile.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Single speed. Mine could still be good for all I know, just thought I’d replace it since everything is apart now. How do I bench test it?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Why not go to a 2-speed motor with delay using parts from 70’s/80’s/90’s F series trucks?

Had I known about this swap a bit sooner, I wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of finding an original 2-speed Mustang wiper motor for my 65. I did collect all the parts listed in the thread above after I read it. The newer truck wiper motor mounts right into the Mustang single speed wiper motor bracket.

If I ever decide to dig into the dash again, I’ll swap in the truck wiper parts.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Why not go to a 2-speed motor with delay using parts from 70’s/80’s/90’s F series trucks?

Had I known about this swap a bit sooner, I wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of finding an original 2-speed Mustang wiper motor for my 65. I did collect all the parts listed in the thread above after I read it. The newer truck wiper motor mounts right into the Mustang single speed wiper motor bracket.

If I ever decide to dig into the dash again, I’ll swap in the truck wiper parts.

I did the swap using those instructions. It's nice having the wiper delay, when just slightly drizzling. :cool:

·
Registered
65 Fastback, 5.0 supercharged, EFI, coil over strut front suspension,4 link rear
27 Posts
I may have missed it but I don’t think Newport Engineering was mentioned. This is where I sourced my replacement wiper motor and switch for a 65.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good info. I think I’ll test mine first. I had contemplated adding one of those switches to give me intermittent capability. I’ll look into the other stuff as well.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, test was successful. Motor seems to work fine. Guess I’ll be putting it back in and moving on with the wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts