Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
23,197 Posts
They're all wire brushes. Starting with one that resembles a hairbrush for hand use. Then ones that mount in your electric drill. Brushes for a bench grinder or a Dremel tool. Brushes for an electric 4" hand grinder or 1/4" grinder (sort of like a drill).
All of these and more are at Lowe's, Home Depot, Sears tool department, etc, etc.
I personally like the last 2 grinders mentioned. Eye protection is definitely required with them. It's amazing how fast they can knock rust and junk off. You can buy stiff brushes that will remove EVERYTHING but the metal to ones so soft they will barely scratch paint. Wire brushes are kinda like wrenches, the more kinds you have, the more stuff you can do.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.