Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ripped this thing out of my 67 because it was cracked and didnt seem to work. then i realized its rare and going for some bucks on ebay. so i figured i'd keep it and put it back in but....
where can i get the sign itself? the part that says seat belt. mine metled off.
its also missing the thing on the wire where the fuse goes. it should be 7.5 amp. what gauge wire is this? where can i get a fuse in line cover/holder for it? i'd rather use this one than a repo

·
Registered
870 Posts
With the term "sign" are you asking about the lens that is lit up by the bulb? I have a few of these in a donor pile, each missing various pieces, badly pitted chrome light housing, etc. Shoot me a PM and I'll see if I have what you are looking for.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yes those are some pricey parts you've got there. I don't know where you'd find the seatbelt sign. You may have to make it out of plastic with transfer letters. I would change to an LED to eliminate the heat. The box is a normally closed bi-metal relay. With the ignition switch in "accessory or on" the relay gets power and the light stays on until the relay slowly opens, and the light goes out. The relay coil stays on until the ignition is turned off. On a 69 it would be hooked up to fuse #2 which is a 20A fuse principally used for Cougar accessories. If you are going to connect it to an inline 7.5A fuse, then 18ga wire will handle 8A for up to 15' at 12v. You can get an in-line fuse holder at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the term "sign" are you asking about the lens that is lit up by the bulb? I have a few of these in a donor pile, each missing various pieces, badly pitted chrome light housing, etc. Shoot me a PM and I'll see if I have what you are looking for.
yes. i need a lens and the plastic capsule where the fuse goes into. it should be on the blue wire. my housing is badly pitted as well, i'll just try to clean it up. i'm not sure how to pm you, hopefully you read this

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes those are some pricey parts you've got there. I don't know where you'd find the seatbelt sign. You may have to make it out of plastic with transfer letters. I would change to an LED to eliminate the heat. The box is a normally closed bi-metal relay. With the ignition switch in "accessory or on" the relay gets power and the light stays on until the relay slowly opens, and the light goes out. The relay coil stays on until the ignition is turned off. On a 69 it would be hooked up to fuse #2 which is a 20A fuse principally used for Cougar accessories. If you are going to connect it to an inline 7.5A fuse, then 18ga wire will handle 8A for up to 15' at 12v. You can get an in-line fuse holder at any auto parts store.
yeah, i couldn't find just the lens itself without getting a whole new used one. which are pricey. 67 diagram shows 7.5 amp fuse in-line to ignition post

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'll send you a PM. In the upper right hand corner of the web site header you should see a few icons, "what's new", "forums", "account details", and "site navigation".

Under "account details" go to conversations to view them.

To send one hover over my avatar and in the popup select "message"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts