Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got this car from the PO, it had an Accel Model 512015 Magnetic pickup distributor and LOTS of home grown wring under the hood and elsewhere.

I've replaced all the wiring in the car and am ready to hook up the distributor, but I wanted to make sure I knew how to do it... so here is the question: The distributor has two wires, one red, one greed. The red wire goes to the positive side of the coil, the green to the negative, and the switched twelve 12v would also tie down on the positive side. Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Im not sure on that, but have you ever considered buying an MSD 6a box? Its the best 150.00 I have ever spend. That magnetic pickup would hook up with ease, and the car would run MUCH better. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, when I put this car back together I put in a MSD 6a box I had laying around and hooked it up like the diagram showed. I got a spark on random tries. After doing some poking around on the net, I think I learned that the Accel Distributor may not trigger the MSD correctly.

So now I'm thinking I'll hook up the Accel without the MSD, but I'm not exactly sure how it should be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts