Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is so close to being done and the season here is almost over.This is so frusrating I have a 70 mach 1 and I got all the ligths working but signals on the right side,brake on the right side.All the bulbs,flashers are new and all the park lights work. I have also tried another signal switch and have a new brake light switch Are the side marker lights to flash with the signals if not then I have problems with them on the left side aswell.I would be greatful for any and all input Thank. P.S. Did I mention how much wiring and I don't get along.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just a shot in the dark.I replaced one of my rear tailight assemblys and for my best efforts I couldn't
get my lights to work.They are kinda like the older Christmas lights(If one goes out they all go out)
What had happened in my case,one of the bulb contacts had spun in its case not allowing good contact.
I pulled out every bulb and started at the front and worked my around the making Sure all the bulbs
had a Good ground and the bulbs were making contact like they should.I believe in 99.9% of the time,
its something simple,its just that you've worked on so much,its gotten frustrating.Just take a little break,
think it through,check everthing again ,you will find the problem.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
am very familiar with '68 TS/brake lights and i can help you assuming similarity in wiring which is probably OK. your brake lights go thru TS switch so they are probably OK if we find cause of TS problem. do your hazards work on all four corners? TS go on same wire and same bulbs after TS switch. side markers do not flash. PM me results and we will go from there. remember i am going by '68 wiring info which may be slighly different than "70 but not much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts