Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

AM Radio is original to the car and makes only static noise. My guess is the capacitors need to be replaced and potentially there is a burnt resistor or diode. Maybe there is a solder issue. Does anybody have a wiring diagram and specs for this radio ?

Thanks,

Peter

1966 Mustang 200 Sprint

·
Registered
714 Posts
Peter : Attached is what I believe you need. It is scanned in 200 dpi, but if you need a sharper copy, I also have it in 600 dpi. However, if you want that higher resolution copy, you'll need to PM me your email address as it's too large to Post here.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bob,

Jackpot !! That is exactly what I am need. Thank you so much. Sorry for sounding like a techno-idiot, but what is "PM" and how do I PM you my email address? The high resolution DPI copy is perfect.

Thanks to Magnus for his reply as well.

Peter

·
Registered
714 Posts
Peter : You are entirely welcome.

Sorry, I forgot that you were rather new here. A "PM" is a "Private Message" (also sometimes called a "Personal Message" that goes only to you, not for the whole Membership to see. Unfortunately, pictures, files, etc. cannot be attached to PM's. The PM is a good way to pass on an email address, phone number, etc. to a "selected party" without the "whole world" knowing them which can lead to scams, etc.

Just go to "User CP" on the header, scroll down to "Private Messages" on the left, and you will see below it "Send Message". Click on that, and enter the User name of the person you want to send the PM, and add the subject. You are then "good to go" with your message.

Bob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bob,

Sorry for the slow response. Been working on my daughter's 2005 Armada. My son and I repaired (not replaced) the top brake light for zero dollars. Light works and my daughter is now safe! Dealer wants $550.00 UNREAL.

Offhand I do not know if I have a 6TPZ. I will look at the radio. Pretty sure the 6TPZ code is on the left side near the power input wire. I will get back to you this week.

Thanks again. VMF is awesome!

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts