Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I need to figure a way to wire the Duraspark distributor to the MSD 6AL ignition box. Unfortunately the MSD schematics don't show the correct way to connect to this model of distributor, so I am doing this blind so far. Currently the distributor is being controlled by a Wells box which is connected up to the MSD box as well. I talked to the PO last night to try and sort things out, but we both didn't know exactly if the MSD box can be used by itself, without the Wells box. The distributor appears to have a magnetic pickup inside of it, with three wires going inside of the distributor. On wire is black (ground), and the other two connect to the magnetic pickup and are black w/ orange stripe and black w/ purple stripe. What appears to be the magnetic pickup is a blue, rounded device with a small metal tab on it, with a small 8 tabbed rotor passing by it. I am fairly positive the MSD can be used alone, I just don't know how. Thanks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
msd makes a harness for this connection.summit racing sells it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird, I printed off the MSD 6AL installation instructions a few days ago and the Duraspark schematic wasn't in there. Well, now that I feel rather low on the IQ scale, I'll follow the leads you guys gave me. THANKS again.

Danny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts