Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I installed a 67 Shelby rear tail lamp comb in my 68 fastback and I'm having problems with the wiring. Can you simply wire the three sockets together ? Will the headlamp swich overload? Thanks for any help. Olaf

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for some reason when I twisted the three lt and rt wires together and connected them to the exsisting appropriate single wire I get no tail lamps and the headlamps dim and flicker but the turn signals and brake lights work great. I thought maybe the resistance was more than the headlamp switch could take. Thanks for the reply. Olaf

·
Registered
858 Posts
in the napa/petaluma region...i saw a 65/66FB w\67 cougar lights...but didnt have the bezel over the lights...looked like eleanor's lights...it was quite...odd lol

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Maybe I don't have all the information I need. Lets see. You should have 2 wires to each light socket on each side. One wire goes to the tail light bulb filament, the other goes to the brake light bulb filament (which is the longer, brighter one) The base that you plug the sockets in should be gronded to the car body, either throught the mounting, or a ground wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts